Disability Policy and Program Specialist
|Title:||Disability Policy and Program Specialist|
LOCATION: Washington, DC
Applied Development LLC is hiring a Disability Policy and Program Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Leadership Support for Policy and Program Development and Analysis in the following areas:
- Section 501 (nondiscrimination and affirmative action by federal agencies).
- Section 502 (establishment of the U.S. Access Board to, among other things, oversee implementation of the Architectural Barriers Act of 1968).
- Section 504 (nondiscrimination by federal agencies in the conduct of their programs or activities).
- Section 508 (ensuring the procurement of accessible information and communication technology by federal agencies).
- Drafting disability reports of investigation (ROI), and Final administrative decisions (FAD).
- Translating general policy recommendations and knowledge into specific regulatory and administrative recommendations with justifications and specific proposed supporting language.
- Translating general policy recommendations and knowledge of specific content areas into policy products.
- Conducting knowledge transfer activities, including the identification and adoption of successful strategies and models.
- Facilitating policy development via strategic think tanks, focus groups and other policy-focused meetings.
- Analyzing and preparing professional quality white papers/issue briefs.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- At least five (5) years relevant experience in contracting is required.
- Minimum of 2 years Department of Defense (DoD) experience.
- Desired Certifications (not required): Federal EEO Investigator Certification, Federal EEO Counselor Certification, PMP, Six-Sigma Black Belt.
Applied Development is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.