- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with writing/communication requirement similar to those listed in this requirement.
- Skill in effective oral communication techniques and determining the method of delivery which is appropriate to the intended audience.
- Ability to write, rewrite and edit complex public information about all aspects of railroad transportation with a view to promoting broad public knowledge of FRA policy programs and activities.
- Able to identify opportunities for planning and executing communication and timely and accurate information is disseminated to and responses are made to stakeholder.
- Able to talk to any level of staff from engineers to political appointees.
- Comfortable working with sensitive subject matters.
- Able to complete tasks independently and work under pressure.
- Able to interpret visual items into text.
- Experience crafting non-technical language from technical conversation/writing. Able to coordinate with the author in rewriting material that is unclear, misleading or too complex for the lay reader. If there is a problem with respect to clarity, accuracy,timeliness, completeness, responsiveness, or compliance with FRA policies, determines where material should be expanded or corrected, and if changes need to be negotiated with the author.
- This involves: presenting information on a wide variety of subjects using the full array of written and oral presentation formats and techniques; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships in achieving understanding with groups indifferent to or having opposing points of view to programs and policies;grand developing, from an analysis of varied and conflicting reaction from the public, recommendations on the formulation and articulation of agency policy in communicating programs more effectively.
- Experience crafting language for the public sector.
- Experience with varying mediums for communication (online, printed, speech).
- Experience writing articles.
- Familiar with 508 compliance requirements.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications